If, as they say, writing is an art, then, blogging is one way of using words as pictures. Hence, the people who are passionate about blogging are the ones who are artistic in their own right, carefully choosing words that best describe how they feel, their sentiments, wishes, and desires.
Actually, blogs were first used as weblogs or “server log file.” They were created as web logging entered the virtual market. Since their inception in the mid-1990s, web logging continued to grow and populate the virtual community, which turned the Internet into a viable source of valuable information.
However, with early web logging, there was a need for a web site and domain name, but with blogging, all you need is an account with a blog provider. and, in some instances, this kind of blog was free.
With the introduction of blogging to the internet, personal journaling became extremely useful for people who wanted to be known worldwide. Generally, blogs were written for personal use similar to a diary or a journal, people would write about their daily adventures, and whatever ideas they wanted to express.
However, with the advent of online businesses, blogs gradually took the spotlight in providing businesses an opportunity to increase their bottom line. And, business blogs began to take the limelight.
Business blogs are, mainly, created to market the products and/or services of an online business in order to increase it’s (ROI) return on investment.
Moreover, business blogs are also created to promote businesses to make readers aware of their existence online. The blog, has made it easy for an to establish a name for himself in the internet market through articles that provide answer questions about problems in the reader’s life.
From here, the entrepreneur can make money with his blog by simply syndicating it. This can be done through RSS technology.
So, if you are thinking of creating a blog, whether for business or pleasure, here are some tips that you might find helpful in making your blog one of the interesting blogs online:
1. Consider your audience; Try to think of things that would benefit them. After all, most people search the internet looking for answers to some sort of problem. And, you as the blogger need to identify what that problem is and provide a simple solution.
2. As the old saying goes” A picture is worth a thousand words” so it would be helpful to include any relevant images in your blog.
3. Include bullet points illustrating benefit that your product or service will provide.
4. Avoid a bunch of highly technical stuff. Stick to simple pertinent facts and keep it short blogs.
5. Make it interactive as much as possible. A video or survey that asks open-ended questions is a good way to find out more about your target audience. HECK! You could even include an area for comments or feedback.
In This way, you can get impressions or reactions of other people. Actually, you might even gain some friends just by making them feel at home. You see, blogs aren’t created just for the mere fun of it. They serve a purpose.
For people who wish to harness their craft of writing, and earning a living on line, blogs are a viable way of doing it. After it is said that, blogging is the contemporary term for creative and commercial writing.